Thursday, November 21, 2013

Creating a Simple Framed Cameo Pendant

Creating a Simple Framed Cameo Pendant

In Episode 20 of stART you saw me showing off my skeleton cameo pendant but I want to show you how easy it was to make. You can use anything you want as a frame and a subject BTW but here is where I got the skeleton cameos and the cabochons/frames.

Creating a Simple Framed Cameo Pendant

The hard part was really figuring out the combo I wanted. I like having pendants that really standout for my videos so I went with a hot pink frame and a white cameo on a black background. Lots of contrast but I love black and pink together. Edgy and feminine, like me!

Creating a Simple Framed Cameo Pendant

THE adhesive to use, always, is E6000. Because it is the toughest adhesive around. There is nothing worst than a piece falling apart. Just be careful, try not to breathe in the fumes and use gloves.

I hate it when glue oozes out of something I am putting together so I just added a small dollop of glue to the middle of the frame and then smeared it a bit with a wooden toothpick but I left the edge clean.

Creating a Simple Framed Cameo Pendant

I lightly coated the back of the cameo with glue using a wooden toothpick. I pressed the cameo onto the frame to set.

Creating a Simple Framed Cameo Pendant

Once set I got a bail (the loopy thingy that turns the frame into a hanging pendant) and glued it on the back.

Creating a Simple Framed Cameo Pendant

My bail is a little crooked and the cameo is not perfectly centred but who cares? I made then pendant for probably less then $2.50 and I love it! I can not wait to turn it into a necklace. Cheap but not crappy jewellery is so much fun to make. No pressure, just crafty fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment